Crockpot Breakfast Casserole is a delicious dish you can make the night before and have ready to eat in the morning. It’s made with sausage, broccoli, cheese, eggs, cream, and parsley and cooked overnight. This easy breakfast is the best choice for Christmas morning or a day when you want to eat a delicious meal without having to cook.
What is Crockpot Breakfast Casserole?
This crockpot breakfast casserole recipe is a fun way to eat breakfast on a morning when you are busy but still want to eat a delicious meal. Why go out to breakfast or eat a bowl of cereal when you could whip this up the night before and have it ready to go when you wake up? It’s a no-brainer!
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets: Cut all the broccoli the same size to make sure they cook evenly.
- 1⁄2 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced: You can choose which style you’d like based on your preferences. There’s smoked, pork, beef, or a combination.
- 1 cup cheese, shredded: Shredded cheddar cheese is best for this dish.
- 10 eggs: Use large eggs that haven’t cracked in the box.
- 3⁄4 cup cream: Heavy whipping cream adds a little creaminess without being overwhelming.
- 2 tablespoon parsley: Sprinkle some chopped parsley on top right before serving.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper: A little seasoning goes a long way in this dish.
How to make crockpot breakfast casserole:
Here’s a brief overview of how to make this dish. See the recipe card below for the specific recipe instructions.
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Layer broccoli and sausage on the bottom of the crockpot.
3. Whisk eggs with cream, parsley, salt, and pepper.
4. Pour egg mixture on top of the sausages and broccoli.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and bake on LOW for 4-6 hours or until cooked through.
Tips for success:
Here are a few tips for success and variations you can try to make this the best crockpot breakfast casserole you've ever had.
- You can easily make this dish vegetarian by removing the meat.
- In addition to removing the sausage, you can add vegetables such as asparagus, mushrooms, cauliflower, or rice.
Can I add potatoes to this crockpot breakfast casserole?
Yes, potatoes would taste great in this casserole. You can add them diced, as hashbrowns, tater tots, or sweet potatoes. Be sure they are all cut the same size so they cook evenly.
What other kinds of meat can I use?
If you can’t find kielbasa, you can use ground sausage, beef, chicken, turkey, pork, or diced ham. Be sure to saute and season the ground sausage, beef, chicken, turkey, or pork before adding it to the casserole for better flavor.
Is this dish keto-friendly?
Yes, this casserole recipe is low-carb and fits a keto diet. You can add other vegetables to make it even healthier as well. Try some cauliflower, asparagus, mushrooms, or roasted red peppers.
How to store:
Store any leftover casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Reheat it in the microwave with 30-second increments until it’s hot all the way through.
To freeze the entire casserole, wrap it in aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Label it with what it is, how to cook, and the date. Labeling will help you remember later. Remember that if you cook it from frozen, it will take longer to cook in the oven without thawing first. Keep the foil on until the last 30 minutes of cooking so the top can brown.
Can I make this breakfast casserole in an instant pot?
If you’d rather use a pressure cooker to make this dish, go ahead! Perhaps you forgot to put this in the crockpot the night before? You can follow the directions and then put it in the bowl of an instant pot. Seal the lid, set the time to 20 minutes, and then quickly release the pressure and remove the lid. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.
How can I make this dish spicy?
Want to make your casserole a little spicy? Try adding minced jalapenos, a pinch of cayenne pepper, chili flakes, serranos, poblanos, or dried chilis.
What can I serve with this casserole?
Some good options to serve with this dish are biscuits, yogurt, fruit, pancakes, french toast, or granola.
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets;
- 1⁄2 pound kielbasa sausage, sliced;
- 1 cup cheese, shredded;
- 10 eggs;
- 3⁄4 cup cream;
- 2 tablespoon parsley;
- 1⁄2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven.
- Layer broccoli and hot dogs on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Whisk eggs with cream, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture on top of the sausages and broccoli. Top with a layer of cheese.
- Bake on LOW for 4-6 hours or until cooked through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 433Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 390mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 21g