Cinnamon Roll Casserole is a fun breakfast recipe that is made out of chopped cinnamon rolls, eggs, cream, vanilla, and ground cinnamon. This cinnamon roll bake is perfect for Christmas morning or a weekend breakfast. The kids will love it!
What is Cinnamon Roll Casserole?
This cinnamon roll casserole is much like bread pudding. It’s made from chopped-up cinnamon rolls soaked in eggs and cream and mixed with vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. You can prepare it, let it sit in the refrigerator overnight, and then bake it the next morning. This allows you to spend more time with your family or to get ready for the day without worrying about what to cook for breakfast.
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted: Use unsalted butter so you can control the salt in the dish.
- 4 cinnamon rolls, cut into pieces: Store-bought cinnamon rolls will work great here.
- 4 eggs: Large eggs are best.
- 2⁄3 cup cream: Heavy whipping cream makes this casserole creamy.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract: Be sure to use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon: You can find a bottle of ground cinnamon in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
- Pinch of salt: Kosher salt is the best kind to use when baking or cooking.
How to make cinnamon roll casserole:
Here’s a brief overview of how to make this dish. See the recipe card below for the specific recipe instructions.
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Whisk butter with cream, eggs, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
3. Place pieces of cinnamon rolls into the baking pan and pour the egg and cream mixture on top. Make sure that all the pieces are soaked.
4. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Tips for success:
Here are a few tips for success and variations you can try to make this the best cinnamon roll casserole you've ever had.
- To make this dish even creamier, add four ounces of cream cheese to the casserole.
- Raisins are always a great addition to cinnamon rolls. Throw some in for flavor and texture.
- Top the cinnamon rolls with vanilla icing or powdered sugar.
- If you already have homemade cinnamon rolls or want to make some, you can use them in this casserole for an even better flavor.
How can I make this casserole in a crockpot?
To make this casserole in a slow cooker, you can put it together the night before. It will cook overnight and be ready for breakfast in the morning.
Follow the recipe by combining the ingredients and then put them in the bowl of a crockpot, place the lid on, and set to cook on low for eight hours.
What can I serve with cinnamon roll casserole?
Are you wondering what you can serve with this casserole? Be sure to include foods that balance the richness of the casserole. Try sausage links, fruit, granola, yogurt, bacon, eggs, apples, blueberries, or strawberries.
How can I make this casserole in an instant pot?
You can also make this dish in a pressure cooker. Mix the ingredients together, pour them into an instant pot, seal the lid, and cook for 10 minutes. Release the pressure, remove the lid, and serve hot.
How to store:
Store any leftover casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Reheat it in the microwave with 30-second increments until it’s hot all the way through.
To freeze the entire casserole, wrap it in aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Label it with what it is, how to cook, and the date. Labeling will help you remember later. Remember that if you cook it from frozen, it will take longer to cook in the oven without thawing first. Keep the foil on until the last 30 minutes of cooking so the top can brown.
Can I use store-bought cinnamon rolls?
Yes, the easiest version of this recipe calls for store-bought cinnamon rolls. You can make them too if you’d rather.
How far in advance can I make this casserole before baking it?
You can make cinnamon roll casserole 24 hours in advance of baking it. Any longer, and it will get mushy.
What can I top cinnamon roll casserole with?
Try topping this dish with icing, powdered sugar, fruit, or powdered cinnamon.
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 cinnamon rolls, cut into pieces
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven.
- Whisk butter with cream, eggs, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon.
- Place pieces of cinnamon rolls into the baking pan and pour the egg and cream mixture on top. Make sure that all the pieces are soaked.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 131mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 6g