Brioche French Toast Casserole is an easy overnight dish that’s made with brioche bread, butter, eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. It’s perfect for breakfast on holidays or special occasions. Put it in the oven 40 minutes before you’re ready to eat, relax while you wait, and eat it hot.
- What is Brioche French Toast Breakfast Casserole?
- Video Recipe
- How to make Brioche French Toast Casserole:
- Tips for success:
- What kinds of toppings can I use?
- What other types of bread can I use for the french toast casserole?
- Make it stuffed!
- How to store:
- Brioche French Toast Casserole
What is Brioche French Toast Breakfast Casserole?
This Brioche French toast casserole recipe is simple to make so there’s really nothing preventing you from enjoying a delicious cinnamon roll-like breakfast any day of the week. Brioche is made with lots of eggs so it’s chewy and perfect for a casserole like this. You can also use cinnamon rolls or challah bread. The best way to eat this dish is hot, right from the oven.
- 1 loaf of brioche: You can buy a loaf of brioche bread from a bakery or make it yourself.
- 2 tablespoon butter: Unsalted butter is best since any extra salt may throw off the flavor of the dish.
- 8 eggs: Large AA-size fresh eggs are best.
- 1 1⁄2 cup milk: Use whole milk since low-fat milk won’t be as thick when cooked.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar: A bit of brown sugar will add sweetness to the casserole.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract: Use pure vanilla extract if at all possible. Imitation vanilla is just not as good.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon: Cinnamon powder makes this casserole taste like a cinnamon roll.
- pinch of salt: A little bit of salt balances the sweetness of the sugar and bread.
How to make Brioche French Toast Casserole:
Here’s a brief overview of how to make this dish. See the recipe card below for the specific recipe instructions.
1. Preheat the oven.
2. Slice brioche and transfer it into a buttered baking pan.
3. Whisk eggs with milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
4. Pour egg mixture on top of the loaf and set it aside for at least 2 hours up to overnight.
5. Bake at 190C/375F for 40 minutes and serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Tips for success:
Here are a few tips for success and variations you can try to make this the best Brioche French toast casserole you've ever had.
- If you have some eggnog leftover from the holidays, it’s a delicious substitution for the milk.
What kinds of toppings can I use?
Some delicious toppings for this casserole include
- whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- chocolate-hazelnut spread
- peanut butter chips
- ice cream
What other types of bread can I use for the french toast casserole?
If you aren’t able to find brioche, you can use other types of bread instead.
Some options are Challah, thick white bread, or cinnamon rolls.
You can also make your own brioche if you’re feeling adventurous.
Make it stuffed!
To make this dish even more extravagant, you can “stuff” it with cream cheese, fruit, or sugar before baking. Combine these ingredients together, place a layer of bread mixture on the bottom of the baking dish, spread out the cream cheese, then finish with the final layer of bread mixture.
Each bite will be filled with creamy fruit and cream cheese!
How to store:
Store any leftover casserole in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. Reheat it in the microwave with 30-second increments until it’s hot all the way through.
To freeze the entire casserole, wrap it in aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Label it with what it is, how to cook, and the date. Labeling will help you remember later. Remember that if you cook it from frozen, it will take longer to cook in the oven without thawing first. Keep the foil on until the last 30 minutes of cooking so the top can brown.
Can I make french toast casserole in an instant pot?
Yes, you can make this dish in a pressure cooker. Combine the ingredients together, pour it into the instant pot, seal the lid on, and cook for 10 minutes. Carefully release the pressure, remove the lid, and enjoy hot.
How can I make this casserole in a crockpot?
It’s easy to make this dish in a slow cooker. Combine all the ingredients, pour them into the bowl of the crockpot, cover, and cook for four hours on high or eight hours on low.
Brioche French Toast Casserole
Brioche French Toast Casserole is an easy overnight dish that’s made with bread eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- 1 loaf of brioche
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Slice brioche and transfer it into a buttered baking pan.
- Whisk eggs with milk, sugar, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Pour egg mixture on top of the loaf and set it aside for at least 2 hours up to
- Bake at 190C/375F for 40 minutes and serve dusted with powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 335mgSodium: 390mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 15g
Leave a Reply